Covid 19 Impact on taxes: new relief measures approved
Considering the coronavirus outbreak the Secretary of State of Tax Affairs and Social Security issued a joint order in which measures were adopted destined at relieving the tax pressure.
The following measures have been adopted:
– suspension of tax enforcement proceedings in progress or to be initiated by the Tax and Social Security Authorities between January 1 and March 31, 2021;
– suspension of ongoing instalment plans regarding debts to Social Security which are not part of the enforcement proceedings (without prejudice to their continued fulfilment at the debtor’s initiative);
– Tax Authorities prevented from setting up guarantees in the context of tax enforcement proceedings during the above-mentioned period;
– Tax authorities prevented from offsetting the debtor’s credits resulting from reimbursement, proceedings for review, administrative complaint or judicial appeal on the debtor’s debts;
– Suspension of the statute of limitation in respect of tax enforcement proceedings in progress or to be initiated.
Click HERE to see the order.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
[Photo by: Owen Vachell, available at unsplash.com]