A search fund is an undertaking through which investors financially support an entrepreneur’s efforts to locate, acquire, manage, and grow a privately held company.
- raising the search capital and negotiating the first shareholders’ agreement with investors
- incorporating the search fund undertaking
- drafting and negotiating non-disclosure agreements and letters of intent
- performing legal and tax due diligence
- tax advisory to the deal, taking into consideration the incentives package of the searcher
- drafting shares purchase and sale agreements
- assisting with the drafting and negotiation of financing agreements when applicable.
The Search Fund Iberian Desk also organizes the Breakfast Searchers, a periodic forum for discussion between searcher of topics of interest to the community.